Sunday, February 27, 2011

Peanut butter bars

Peanut and Chocolate are my two favorite things.  If I could bottle a Reese Peanut butter cup and drink it all day I would.  But then I would probably passout of sugar shock.  Anyway.  This snack/dessert is super easy and a little goes a long way.  I would not be able to eat more than two without a glass a milk in one sitting.  Ok - maybe I ate three.  But I'm sure it was a special occasion.    I forget where I got this recipe, but whereever I got it - Thanks!  Enjoy.
Peanut butter bars

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Icing:

1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons milk


Directions:
1.  In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually into creamed mixture and mix well.

2.  Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.

3.  Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

4.  Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over the top. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment