Monday, April 30, 2012

Seafood Pasta



I love dishes where only one pot gets dirty and it includes everything! Actually more so - my husband 
loves dishes with one pot since he does most of the dishes. I also love seafood. My husband isn't really
adventurous in the type of fish he eats. We eat alot of Tuna, Salmon and Tilapia. However, he does  
like shrimp. I have tried shrimp scampi and a slew of other dishes. This is a new twist that I was  
inspired from the Pioneer Woman. Unfortunately or fortunate for me, I don't have 12 people to serve  
dinner for. I have altered the recipe based to serve 4 healthy portions. Next time I'll try it with a mix of
shrimp and scallops. Enjoy!
One Pot Seafood Pasta

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 TBSP butter

1 pound Shrimp
5 cloves Garlic
3/4 cups Dry White Wine
14 ounces, weight Diced Tomatoes
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 cup Heavy Cream, Warmed
12 whole Basil Leaves Torn
9 ounces fresh fettuccine pasta
2 heads of chopped broccoli



Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook fresh pasta for 2 mins. (It's okay if you leave it very al dente.)
2.  In a heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter  over medium-high heat. When hot, throw in shrimp and brown them, too. (Don't completely cook scallops or shrimp.) Remove to a plate.
3. Add another TBSP of oil to the pan. Cook the garlic for 30 seconds, then pour in the wine, then pour in the tomatoes (including juice.) Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, then cook the sauce over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes.
4.  Meanwhile, boil the chopped broccoli for about 3 mins so it is bright green but not too crispy.
5.  Add the shrimp, drained pasta and the boiled broccoli to the tomato mixture and toss.
6.  Cover the pan and place in the oven.  Bake for 15 minutes and then drizzle the heavy cream on the pasta.  Add the basil at the end before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment