Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yummy Chicken Wings

Santa brought me a fryer this year. Maybe not the fryer I researched and ask for, but a fryer nevertheless. Not complaining - anymore. For New Years Day we were going to watch some football, and I thought what better to go with football than wings! Sad to say I was in such a hurry to eat the wings we did not get a great picture. Don't worry. I'll post the picture when I make the wings again NEXT week!!!

My husband says that wings always talk back to him. I think that is because the spicier the Wong the more it talks back. I've learned in the many years we have been together that spicy is not his thing. This recipe is anything but spicy. It is a sweet sauce really. I think I might dial up the heat with some cayenne next time to get the sweet but tingling lips after eating the wings. I adapted the recipe from Sierra's Grandma's Secret Buffalo Wing Sauce a winner on the Food Network All American Festivals show. These wings will go fast. Be sure to double the recipe. Also I served it with Helluva Good Dip Buffalo Wing Dip - YUM!!


Ingredients:
1 gallon of oil
10 whole, fresh chicken wings, cut in pieces (20 wing pieces)
1 stick butter
4 tablespoons brown sugar
5 tablespoons tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano, fresh or dried
Dash beer
1 TBSP hot sauce (recommended: Frank's Hot Sauce)
1 TBSP chipotle Tabasco sauce

Directions:

1. Pat dry the wings. The drier they are the less they will splash.
2. Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
3. Fill you basket 1/2 full. The more they overlap the less even they will cook. I did two batches in my 1 gallon of oil.
4. Launch the wing basket into the oil. I covered for the first couple minutes to minimize the splatter. Then I took the cover off to ensure I had proper crispness. Cook for 15 mins
5. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small sauce pan with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Once the wings are done, let them rest on s one newspaper. The newspaper will absorb the oil.
7. After both batches are done. Put the wings in a bowl and toss the sauce in them. Ensure all t he wings are covered and have absorbed the yummy goodness.
8. Serve with the buffalo wing dip from Hellauva Good Dip.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment