Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

There are so many resolutions one could make. This year I am trying to keep them to things I might be able to control.

1. Be healthier in eating and exercising
2. Less clutter in my life and in my house
3. Eat fabulously.

Well 2012 would not be fun if I didn't include #3. Don't get me wrong. I had fabulous food in and out of my house in 2011 (Cityzen for my birthday & Kushi off the top of my mind ), but maybe I'll make sure to tell you about the ones out of my house in 2012.   With that said, I did slack in my posting last year.  I did cook many more dishes than the ones that got posted.  Don't worry.  They are not lost.  They are in queue for this year :)  Stay tuned.  My sister and I cooked a bunch over the holidays and I have the pics to post to my blog.  Sorry Jess!  I'll be sure to give her credit where credit is due.  She really was a trooper and was much more of an executive chef this year than the sous chef she says I always make her.  Thanks Jess for the fun times this past holiday - I'll be working off the pounds I gained at the gym.

So I already started on #1.  A friend of mine at work told my about this movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and that she started the program Reboot Your Life.  I read the 3 programs that the "diet" has available.  I doubt my diabetes doctor with approve of following the any of the programs.  However, that has not stopped me from changing my diet a bit.  I tried 2 juices already.  The first juice was not so bad.  The beet juice I had after that had me rethinking juicing.  Nevertheless, I was lucky that someone at work overheard my new initiative and gave me a juicer she was not using!!!  So I hope to continue juicing into 2012 to get more fruits and veggies into my diet and possibly substitute some of the unhealthy snacks I do have like spinach dip, candy and chips.

January 2nd and I have already started to on my decluttering in my house.  I attacked the attic.  I convinced my husband in these projects it will get worse before it gets better.  We took everything out of the attic and only put about half of the things back in.  Now I can walk into our storage and access items all the way in the back!  We've already filled our trash cans with garbage and one car full of items to go to the donation bins.  AND I have a pile of items to save up for our neighboorhood yard sale in the spring (I had to argue to keep items for that).  You cannot change me in a day.  I'm a work in progress.  Next weekend I'll work on another part of my house.  It was sad that no one will see how organized my attic is, but I needed to get the Christmas stuff put away. 

Anyway, here's to 2012 and keeping my realistic resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment