Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cheese Fondue

For the post-Valentine's day party feast I tried to think of what was a fun romantic like dessert.  Fondue came to mind.  I have had fondue at the Melting Pot restaurant. I wanted to offer a variety of dipping items that were out of the ordinary.  I read an article in the Food Network magazine and it did give me a great idea to add polenta.  I have never used the polenta in a tube.  I sliced it into 1/2 inch slices and threw it on the grill with the kielbasa sausage.  It turned out great.  Enjoy!

Adapted from: Epicurious
1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
1 1/2 cups dry white wine (preferably Swiss, such as Fendant)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 lb Swiss cheese, coarsely grated (2 cups)
1/2 lb Gruyère , coarsely grated (2 cups)

What to dip?
Cubes of bread
Grilled polenta
Sliced Kielbasa
Sliced apples
Blanched veggies - broccoli
Baby Carrots
Fingerling Potatoes
Pretzel Rods

Special Equipment:  a fondue pot & long skewers

1.  Rub inside of the fondue pot with cut sides of garlic, then toss the garlic in the fondue pot.. Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat.
2.  Add the cornstarch and the cheese.  Stir the cheese mixture and simmer 5-8 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment