Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day Feast

Enjoying Fondue
This time of the year restaurants offer outrageous meals to cater to the couples willing to spend money to celebrate Valentine's day.  Unfortunately for those parents with children, it is sometimes hard to find a baby sitter to celebrate on that special day.  Instead, I decided to host a small get together to celebrate with friends and have delicious food.  I enjoyed cooking all day and I enjoyed the fruits of my labor.  I especially enjoyed the champagne bar with a choice of champagne cocktails: Poinsetta, Kir Royale, or Au Naturale.  The Poinsetta has a dash of cranberry juice.  The Kir Royale (my personal favorite) has a dash of Cassis.

I pulled off using almost all of the tools in my kitchen except the juicer and the fryer.  I used my cuisinart, mixer, pasta maker, crock pot and fondue pot.  My guests were the guinea pigs to my new recipes.  Most of the dishes turned out to be ones I'll keep to make again. 

I would host a party every month if my husband would agree to it.  However, I do believe his dishpan hands would definitely not agree. My almost 2 year old ended up staying up way past her bed time and provided tons of entertainment to everyone.

The Menu

Cheese Fondue
Spinach Artichoke dip

Homemade linguine with the choice of classic bolognese sauce or white clam sauce


Salted Caramel Ice cream
Cheesecake caramel chocolate bites

No comments:

Post a Comment