Sunday, February 19, 2012

White Clam Sauce

White clam sauce
For the Valentine's day party I wanted to offer more than one sauce.  My personal favorite is white clam sauce.  I ordered it when I was in Italy and almost always order it at a seafood restaurant.  This recipe was a hit.  People really liked the little bit of spice each bite left them.  I did not have fresh clams on hand so I adapted the recipe.

 Adapted from: Epicurious
1 chopped onion
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup dry white wine
4 6.5 ounce can of chopped clams
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1 teaspoons dried oregano

1.  In a skillet cook the onion and the garlic in the butter over moderate heat, stirring, until they are pale golden, add the cornstarch, and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute.
2.  Stir in the wine, canned clams with the juice and simmer the sauce, stirring, for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, the oregano, and salt and pepper to taste and keep the sauce warm.
3.  Serve with linguine.

No comments:

Post a Comment