Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spinach Artichoke dip

Creamy Spinach Artichoke dip
I love this dip.  This is a great way to get veggies in my daughter that hates veggies.  Both daughters.  My almost 2 year old loves to dip with her pita.  When I order this dish in a restaurant it is always delish but I end up walking away with a ton more sodium than I planned.  This dish is not salty.  There is no need to add salt though.  There is plenty of flavor added from the cheeses.  I made this for Super Bowl and just recently for the post-Valentines party feast.  Enjoy!

Adapted from: Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
4 cloves minced garlic
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (10 ounce) container light Alfredo-style pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

Directions:
1.    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.    Mix together all the ingredients. Place in an 8x8 baking dish.
3.    Cover and bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and bubbly. Serve warm with pretzel chips, sliced baguette, tositios

No comments:

Post a Comment