Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chicken Marsala

An Italian favorite.  My husband's step mother made us Chicken Marsala when we went to visit her this past year.  I didn't realize it really was so easy.  The hardest part for me was finding the Marsala wine!  After a visit to my local Safeway - yes you locals know this trip was useless...I visited World Market of all places.  They truly are worldly at World Market.  I did not want to drown out the flavor of the dish by serving it with too much.  I served the chicken with buttered noodles, but I think next time I might try a carbonara.  This has definitely joined the regular rotation at my house!

Recipe adapted from: BJ's Monthly magazine

Ingredients:
  
4 Chicken boneless skinless half-breasts; (pounded to even thickness)
1/3 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
4 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoon Butter
1 clove Garlic
1 cup sliced cremini/bella mushrooms (fresh, sliced)
1/2 cup Marsala wine
Italian parsley for garnish

Directions:

1.  Combine flour, salt, and oregano in a shallow bowl.
2.  Heat the oil, butter, and garlic in a skillet. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and place in skillet.
3.  Saute the chicken on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly brown. Flip the breasts and add the mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Saute chicken until cooked completely .
Remove chicken from skillet and place on serving plate(s).
4.  Add the wine to the mushrooms and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper.
5.  Spoon mushrooms and sauce over chicken, garnish with Italian parsley and serve.  Serve with buttered angel hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment