Monday, January 28, 2013

Izakaya Seki

Here it is.  My first post on something I did not cook!  Date night took us to Izakaya Seki.  We knew there was going to be a wait, but even when we showed up at 9pm there was a 1 hour wait!

This is the place to be if you like sake or japanese beer.  They have the largest variety I have ever seen.  Since I am trying to not drink beer right now I tried the mixed drink called calpico and my husband had a Japanese lager that is described as ricey - Koshihikari Echigo.  It is a milky white drink that is mildly sweet.

Kalbi
Onto the food - there was so much on the menu that looked tempting.  I had a hard time picking what to try.  Unfortunate for me, my husband was not in an adventurous mood, but I still enjoyed the dinner.  We had the Sashimi Appetizer (no picture - I was starving!).  The fish was super fresh, but the highlight was the octopus. The octopus was perfect and I think I refrained from ordering a full order of just that.  The little plates that followed were kalbi (Grilled beef short rib), kara-age (Fried chicken), and kushikatsu (Pork Belly).

Kara-age
Date night was a success.  We really enjoyed the different Japanese cuisine and would love to go back and try the items on their specials list.  Go visit soon, but make sure you aren't starving when you get there.  

Izakaya Seki 1117 V Street, NW, Washington, DC 20009


No comments:

Post a Comment