Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year and New Resolutions?

Although I planned to post more in 2012 it seems that life got in the way. I had lots of highlights in 2012 including a ton of trips like Venice, FL, Palm Desert, CA, Nassau, Bahamas, Bowen Lake, WA, Rhehobeth Beach, DE, St. George & Las Vegas, NV, and lastly our girls trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico. (I know poor me) Somewhere in between there, I worked and spent loads of time planning social activities at the neighborhood pool. I think my husband is glad my duties will soon be over at our our pool so we can get back to enjoying time at the pool instead of working it. In 2012 I also was able to take a few cooking classes to expand my knowledge base. LivingSocial's 918 F Street is so convenient to take a class and I loved each one of them - Sushi with Sticky Rice, Sausage Making with Kyle Bailey from Birch and Barley, Pie making with Dangerously Delicious Pies were my favorites! Thanks @floridagirlindc for being my cooking class buddy.

So back to where we are...looking forward to 2013. Yes I am recommitting to the blog. The very first step is to make it easier to post to the blog. In my wealth of iDevices I have yet to successfully post through one of them. I've done my research and am trialing an app on my iPad mini called DraftCraft. Let me know if you know of better apps cause I need all the help i can get- including an excuse to get a wireless keyboard for my iPad mini as I type this!!! -forgive the mispellings.

2013 has motivated me to recommit to my love of food. Cooking and eating. Additionally I am thinking I need to expand my repertoire of cocktails I drink - even though I have been enjoying my pear martinis. Lastly my rededication to being healthy...my mommy bought me a VITAMIX....whooo hoo. Yes be prepared for smoothie recipes. I will continue to enjoy my various shades of green smoothie in the AM and frozen cocktails to start the evening then a homemade sherbert for dessert!!!

Anyway, motivation is something I am sharing also with my friend. I hope that my one friend will be launching her blog imminently AND when she does I will share and give her proper credit on this recipe. In the mean time I will share a recipe she taught me and my family enjoyed yesterday pre-Redskin loss.

Garlic Chicken Bacon Sandwich

Recipe from: my Gluten free Dairy free Carnivore friend

Ingredients:

2 chicken breast
8 slices of bacon
6 french rolls warmed
8 cloves of garlic minced
Lettuce or another green veggie

Directions:
1. Slice the chicken breast horizontally in half. Then pound each chicken piece to be more tender. Cut each breast half in half vertically. You should have 6 pieces of chicken now.
2. Cook the bacon to your desired tenderness. Crispy works well for the sandwich.
3. Place bacon on a paper towel to drain off the oil. Keep the baconfat goodness in the pan.
4. Over medium-high heat cook the chicken through on both sides. Then remove from the pan.
5. In the remaiing bacon fat goodness, saute garlic until browned.
6. To assemble the sandwich, in each roll place garlic, chicken, lettuce and bacon.

Tip: You might not want to go out on a date after this sandwich. If you do....bring your date a sandwich!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment